Kitchen fire causes $100,000 damage to Royal Exchange Hotel, Kadina
A KITCHEN fire has caused about $100,000 damage to a country pub overnight.
Just before 2.30am, MFS and CFS crews responded to a triple zero call reporting smoke coming from the back of the Royal Exchange Hotel, Kadina.
A fire had broken out in the kitchen.
Crews used high-pressure lines to control the fire within 20 minutes, and the damage was confined to the kitchen and ceiling.
The hotel, made of stone, is about 150 years old and valued at more than $1 million.
The fire is not believed to be suspicious, but fire cause investigators will this morning attend the scene.