What You Need to Know About Luxury and Exotic Car Insurance and How to Get the Best Deals
Posted on November 25, 2021 | by | Posted in Uncategorized
Having car insurance will safeguard you and your family against hefty charges. In essence, this is a “pay now, save later” concept. Furthermore, acquiring adequate auto insurance will make dealing with repairs, towing, and replacements substantially easier.
Is insurance for exotic and luxury cars different?
Unlike the other cars, luxury and exotic cars do not depreciate. In some cases, these cars can even appreciate in value. Therefore, insurance prices are considerably higher for luxury and exotic cars. To be more precise, the average annual insurance premium for a luxury car is around 18% higher than the cost of insuring a mid-priced sedan.
What is luxury car insurance?
Luxury cars render high-end features that exceed the typical requirements for comfort, style, and quality. Some examples of luxury cars include Audi S5, Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG, Genesis G90, and the BMW 750. Your luxury car insurance premium is essentially a down payment on any losses that may occur. When choosing the best deal, consider purchasing low-mileage coverage or increasing your deductible.
These vehicles have comparable coverage choices as standard vehicles. Since this will require you to provide a substantial sum of money, you should seek professional assistance. We are Australia’s best luxury car insurance provider who will ensure that you have liability, collision, medical, and replacement coverage.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage is a section of your auto insurance policy that assists in covering the other driver’s expenditures in the event of a car accident caused by you. Specifically, it pays the costs of any bodily injury or property damage sustained by the opposing party. It may also reimburse lost wages and legal fees in certain instances if the injured party files a lawsuit.
- Collision coverage: Meanwhile, having collision coverage will help you pay for the expense of any damage incurred if your car gets in a collision with another vehicle.
- Medical coverage: As the name suggests, this will cover the medical expenses of any passenger that may have been injured in an accident. Furthermore, it may pay for surgeries, x-rays, doctor visits, ambulance fees, and more.
- Replacement coverage: Finally, replacement coverage will compensate you for the cost of a brand new vehicle of the same make and model. When you obtain a replacement, you will receive the original purchase price of the car, not its depreciated value.
What is exotic car insurance?
An exotic car portrays more unusual or extraordinary features sold by well-known brands like Bugatti, Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Porsche. Exotic automobiles can also be manufactured by mainstream brands like the Acura NSX, Audi R8, and the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette. Furthermore, these types of vehicles often only accommodate two passengers and portray brilliant and unique colours.
While often interchanged, exotic cars differ from luxury cars. Luxury automobiles place a premium on personalised looks and features. Exotic automobiles, on the other hand, are characterised by their speed and performance.
Insuring an exotic vehicle is definitely an expensive investment. In fact, insurance for the majority of production supercars will cost several thousand dollars each year. Additionally, just as with a luxury car, you must maintain at least the state’s minimum liability limitations.
In cases like this, you should be careful in selecting the insurance firm you will work with. Among all the insurance brokers in Perth, WA, we have contacts with over 120 insurers and underwriters, providing our clients with a long list of options. With our help, you can find the best professionals you can trust with your exotic vehicle. Moreover, just like luxury cars, you will also have to look for the following coverages:
- Automobilia coverage: Automobilia is a term that refers to collectible automobile-related products. Given that the majority of owners of exotic cars also collect other rare materials, it is critical to include them in your insurance. This category comprises ornaments and license plates.
- Agreed value coverage: On the other hand, agreed value coverage will provide insurance holders with a mutually agreed amount if an accident occurs.
- Tools coverage: You may also have some tools inside your vehicles that you may want to include in your insurance policy. If offered by your chosen insurance company, this option covers accessories, storage cabinets, toolboxes, and more.
How can you get the best insurance deals for your luxury or exotic vehicle?
To insure your car, the best course of action is to choose a firm that specialises in your make and model and has a reputable company image. Your best course of action is to also consult with professionals. Besides this, exotic car stores and owners of such vehicles can also help give exclusive information that is not available online.
Comparing many rates is also critical to ensure you’re not overpaying. This is why having a list of alternatives is really advantageous.
Multi-line discounts are one approach to get a decent deal. This is essentially a policy that bundles many coverage types. Specifically, if you already have a policy with the same company, you may qualify for a discount on your auto insurance.
Before choosing an insurance policy, review the coverage limits to ensure they meet or surpass your anticipated risks. Another crucial step is to cut down the number of drivers listed on the insurance, as having high-risk drivers might result in an increase in the cost of the policy. Additionally, if you do not intend to drive your car frequently, it would be advisable to only keep the comprehensive or collision coverage on your insurance.
Request a FREE Quote